24 August 2010

Week 5: Somewhat overwhelmed...but still really enjoying myself

So, apparently this will be the blog post in which I talk about everything I've done in the last two weeks in obfuscated terms, and probably end up not communicating much at all!

Everything has been and is going *amazingly* well! My journey thus far has been less planned and more incredible than I ever could have imagined. However, it's all going so fast at this point, it's been SO difficult to find the time to consistently process, translate and relay all of the experiences I've been having. It's the never ending balance I'm trying to strike between being (experiencing, feeling, truly living in the moment) and doing (processing, thinking, writing, relaying). It's not that I don't want to share these things...I really really do. And I really would like to find a way to do it that is not so stressful...it's just that right now, life is moving so fast for me, I'm having a slightly imbalanced time with the relaying aspect.

All *that* said, I am having a really incredible time. I've joined up with a couple of amazing people, Adam and Sam, and we have been riding together ever since the Eugene tour ended 2 weeks ago. We've been through Eugene, up through Corvallis to Jefferson, Silverton and Portland. (more details on each of those wonderful places and our amazing hosts in a future post). We took the Cascades train (beautiful) from Portland to Olympia and stayed there for a few days, visiting a myriad of farms, farmers markets and attending the Helsing Junction Sleepover Music Fest. (also, amazing and magical!) We then took the bus up to Seattle from Olympia. (training and busing for timing reasons and because, apparently the roads from/to these cities are completely sucktastic for bicycle riding...)

So! I'm in Seattle now, meeting up with some old (and new) friends and having some pretty wild and bizarre experiences! (*obscurity warning* details to come soon...hopefully!) I was in Seattle about 6 years ago, and it's amazing how almost *nothing* of this place seems familiar to me at all! Seattle is much bigger than I originally thought...anyway, it's been awesome. I'm really enjoying myself.

On Thursday, we head up to Vancouver Island to attend an Herbalist Gathering for the weekend where I will be learning how to identify and use native, local medicinal plants! I'm *very* excited about this! I've been wanting to expand my plant knowledge for many months now, and this is the perfect starting point! From there, hopefully I will have the opportunity to explore the Island a bit more (there are SO many amazing things happening over there - eco communities, organic farming, permaculture and herbalist related...) I want to sink my teeth into it *all*...we'll see how many chunks I can bite off before heading up from there to Vancouver with Adam and Sam!

Whew! So, all that said (and unsaid)...I'm off to explore!

Wishing you all the brightest light and deepest joy you can find in your own lives!

- - - - -

***Practical Side Note: I have no idea if my phone will work on Vancouver Island, 1) it being an island with many tall peaks and low valleys and 2) it being an island in Canada. In fact, not sure what my connectivity will be like at all as of Thursday and beyond. So, if you don't hear from me for a week or so...don't panic. I'll update when I can!
Take care y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Aww... this is a great blog post! I can definitely sympathize: wanting to sink teeth in everything, seeking being/doing balance (somehow), having more experience than can possibly be passed on to others, living weeks in days. You are seeking and finding. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meggyn, hope all is still going well with your adventure! I'm hosting a small Samhain ritual and cleansing at the firepit by the Gross Pointe Lighthouse this weekend, and so of course have been thinking of you. Much love and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete