29 July 2010

28-29 July, Weds-Thurs: Day 5-6

Colorado, you've done it. I'm in love with America again.

* * *

Departed Denver, CO (via train) - approx. 9:30am (MST), Weds, 28 July.
Arrived Sacramento, CA - approx. 3:30pm (PST), Thurs, 29 July.

About two hours into my train ride from Denver, I entered and then emerged from the longest tunnel I've ever been in. It was 22 miles long, took about 10 minutes to pass through, at the highest point climbed to an elevation of 9302 ft. and passed underneath the continental divide.

This means that, within *two* days, I have now crossed *over* AND *under* the Great Divide!

* * *

Not much to say about Sacramento, except that it contains the absolute friendliest HI hostel I have ever set foot in, and possibly the most delicious thai food restaurant in all of California. Thank you, guy behind the hostel counter, for your incredibly awesome hospitality, genuine friendliness and relevant advice.

Sitting here now the hostel lounge room, writing this post, getting ready to get on my train to Eugene(!) which departs at midnight tonight.

Onwards!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! If I knew you were going to be on THAT train, I'd totally have given you my cool site-seeing book that I bought in Grand Junction.

    That tunnel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete