11 February 2012

On creating our collective reality:

An excerpt from the January 2012 new moon that has just passed (by Rebekah Shaman):

Things can happen unexpectedly during this year, both positive and negative, so make sure your intentions and destination is clear.  There is no such thing as luck. The outcome of this year will depend on where you decide to focus your energies.

Focus them on serving humanity, planet Earth and all living things and this year has the potential to be an exciting, fulfilling and magical year, with mindblowing synchronisities and connections. 


Choose to act selfishly, with no regard to how your actions are affecting others or Mother Earth and you will find this year becoming a struggle, in all areas.  You are creating your own luck and this year we will see the dichotomies more clearly defined.


* * * 
 
I agree with these words and this overall sentiment wholeheartedly. However, the question I have been exploring lately is: How do I *not* act selfishly? Aren't all of my desires and actions that arise from those desires...selfish? ...just by the simple fact that they are satisfying a need of *mine*?

Perhaps I'm over thinking this. I do understand and respect that my choices and actions do definitely have an effect on others and on the earth, from a micro to macro scale. And, I consider these impacts with most of the choices I make in my daily life. I'm just confused about intent, sometimes.

I *do* hope and intend for the best possible outcome for all involved when making a choice that clearly affects the lives of other people around me. And, I do want these decisions to be reached by mutual agreement. And...sometimes, I wonder if my creative energy in manifesting what I want to see in the world is always truly coming from that place of equanimity and altruism (my *heart*), and/or if it comes from a place (almost unconscious, perhaps), of my *mind* trying to orchestrate a way to satisfy a purely selfish need that is deeply rooted and not even totally apparent to me.

Hmmm.


I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on...doing the best I can.


Thoughts...?

No comments:

Post a Comment