02 February 2012

PSA for the day:

Got sideswiped by a car today on my way to work. Actually, about 10 mins ago.

I'm totally fine. My bike is totally fine. I'm just shaken up a bit. In fact, still shaking a bit.

I know this happens all the time, to many cyclists, especially in this city, and every time something like this happens to me, it really scares me. Not necessarily because of what *did* happen, but because of what *could* have...due to careless driving.

Drivers: Please, please, please use your turn signals and look in your rear/side view mirrors (or, actually turn your head to look out the window) before wielding your 2-ton piece of moving machinery with an abrupt move into the bike lane.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. im glad your safe...
    its moments like those you learn to appreciate life even more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. corngrrl: Thank you. Me too! :)
    life: Thank you. And, yes. Very much agreed.

    ReplyDelete