07 January 2012

Amazing, the difference a few degrees makes.

Today was one of those days in which I was *extremely* productive and got nothing done I had expected to do. Regardless, it felt awesome to tie up so many loose ends that had been dangling out there for the past days/weeks/months.

I spent most of the day inside. On the computer. Not moving much. I think the heat is broken in the house. The thermostat read 57 degrees all day long, and despite all of our best efforts and many attempts to reset the thermostat to raise the temp, we could not get any hot air to come out of the vents. This made it a bit more difficult to do all the things I ended up doing today...but only a bit. Living in Portland for 10 months now, and having lived in places recently where the interior heat is kept low and I'm constantly connected with the outside elements and changes in weather, I don't need it to be balmy in my living space. However, I must say, the difference between 64 (a comfortable indoor temp for me) and 57 is actually quite noticeable! Many layers, bowls of soup, cups of tea and a cuddly kitty on my lap made the day, if not *that* much warmer, definitely much cozier.

Oh, and apparently if my space heater is on in my bedroom, it blows the fuse for the lights and outlets in the entire south end of the house. (Why, oh why, are all the lights and outlets on *one* fuse...can someone please tell me?!)

Ok. It might sound like, at this point, that I'm just complaining. But, I'm not. I actually find all of this quite amusing. I have a SUPER comfy, cozy, warm bed and other than it being a little chilly in here, life is pretty grand for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment