17 January 2012

Just appreciating...

Riding home tonight from NE, with a belly full of warm, delicious Ethiopian food, I watched as the winter rain turned into a heavy downpour of slushy rain/snow. Getting ever wetter, and colder, I rode, socks soaked through my shoes, thighs drenched and freezing, gloved fingertips numb and cold, nose dripping snot down my face, vision impaired from pellets of rain/snow pelting my eyeballs. I'm currently battling a cold, and am conscious of my energy expenditure on any physical activity these days, as I know it is precious, and there is a definite threshold. This ride tonight took the last of my physical energy reserves for the day.

As cold as this ride may have been tonight, when it was over and I arrived at my front door, I got to Stop. Turn around. And witness the magnificent beauty of the slushy rain/snow, now turned to gentle snowfall. A breathtaking sight in the warm glow of the street lights.

As uncomfortable as this ride may have been tonight, I consider myself blessed to feel this alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment