04 January 2012

Three reasons why I love my life today:

#1. I learned this nifty phrase in Kinesiology this morning: Olecranon process.
Basically, it means: Elbow.

#2. Today was the first full day of classes. Kinesiology in the am, Swedish Massage in the pm. In SM class, we learned how to properly clean the table, dress the table and then lie down on the table, while my class partner palpated different areas of my head/neck/back. I completely passed out while she was doing this. I think this is the first time in my life I've had a class where it is considered a total success for half the class to konk out in the middle of it.

#3. I just had one of the most affirming, uplifting, compassionate, open, direct, honest conversations with an incredibly special person in my life, and fantastic friend. Taylor, thank you for being who you are, and for being in my life. I value our connection so deeply and so love what we share. I'm continually impressed by how we continue to grow and gracefully allow for the shifts that are happening.

Love and Gratitude.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Meggs, Meggs! Iat and I just read your post together. We looooooooove you and we're really excited for you. I've bookmarked your blog on my toolbar, and I am so happy that I'll get to keep up with you on a regular basis. <3 Iat says, "Just wait 'til you start applying that olecranon process in tissue! Yay lovely starts to school. Constant&continuous affirmations a-comin'!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite anatomy term so far is "arrector pili" - it's this teeny-tiny little muscles in hair follicles that cause goosebumps! When I'm chilly and full of goosebumps, I just say that I'm toning my arrector pili. Teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggzie! Thank you for your words here! It warms me to know that we will have this, as well as the many other ways we do, to connect and keep up with each other! Thank you so much for your giddy enthusiasm and continued support. You are so special to me! :) Love. Love. Love.

    Emily: That is *GREAT*! I haven't learned that one myself yet, but my schooling is only just starting! I will be sure to think of you know when we get to the section where we learn about goosebumps!!! :) Where did you learn that one...? Love to you.

    ReplyDelete