10 January 2012

Taking a moment to recognize...

...how incredibly grateful I am to be living the life I'm living.

Today, my life is about: Waking up to yet another gorgeous day here in Portland. Sunny. Crisp. Clear. Beautiful. Spent the morning doing laundry and catching up on a bunch of stuff (which felt *great*). Took a break to have an epsom salt bath and then slid into some clean clothes, still warm from the dryer.

In just a little bit, I'm going to meet up with some new buddies from school to study for my first Kinesiology quiz (which is tomorrow!), at a local Ethiopian restaurant of awesomeness! :) :) :)

I really, really, really love my life.

* * *

The only thing that, perhaps, could have made this day any better would have been...a pile of cookies.

...but I'm definitely not complaining.

;)

(this earlier post, written at 4:16pm)

* * *

As of 10:28pm:

Post study session at Dalo's Ethiopian (which, truly is the Ethiopian restaurant of awesomeness in NE pdx!)...Upon arriving at the place - without any prompting at all - one of my study buddies, (who, incidentally, eats at this place all the time and personally knows everyone who runs the it), excitedly says "Oh! And, the woman who makes all the delicious food (can't remember her name right now), also sometimes makes these amazing cookies!" WHAT?! So...not only did one *pile of cookies* actually manifest in front of me before the nights end, but...FOUR piles of warm, gooey, straight out of the oven, chocolate chip and cranberry shortbread cookies. And, as if this wasn't enough, he also says to me, "And, if we ask in advance, she'll make them gluten free."

My night is complete.

* * *

PS - If there's a lesson to be learned here, it is most definitely: Be careful what you wish for this year, people. The universe is listening.

2 comments: